Top 5 Restaurants for Valentine’s Day Dinner in Myrtle Beach
Valentine’s Day can be a tricky one when it comes to buying gifts for loved ones. Flowers and candy can be classy or cliché, but trying to find something unique runs the risk of being inappropriate for the holiday. Finding just the right present for just the right person that sends just the right message can make it a tough call.
But there are at least two sure-fire gifts that can’t go wrong. With Valentine’s Day falling on a Saturday in 2015, it’s the perfect time for a romantic weekend getaway to North Beach Plantation. Enjoy a stroll on the secluded beaches, watch the waves roll in from your private balcony, and get a couples’ massage at the on-site Cinzia Spa. It’s an ideal weekend for any couple and won’t that will be remembered for years to come.
Second, and perhaps just as important, is a romantic dinner for two. Many mistake the terms “popular” or “expensive” for “romantic” when it comes to making Valentine’s Day reservations and end up crammed into a tight table alongside other couples who are also overpaying for food and atmosphere. Here are five Grand Strand restaurants that provide the perfect ambiance for a romantic dinner and a great meal and experience:
- 21 Main: Why leave the lovely confines of North Beach Plantation when you can have one of the best dining experienced on the entire Grand Strand in your own back yard. 21 Main is an upscale and elegant fine-dining restaurant that specializes in in-house aged prime cuts of beef and fresh local seafood. An extensive wine list and delicious dessert selection make this one of the toughest reservations in town for Valentine’s Day, so book your dinner service when you reserve your room.
- Brentwood House: Located in Little River, this fine-dining restaurant offers French cuisine in four courses with formal tableside service. The Brentwood House truly is based in an old historic home, so separate dining rooms allow for plenty of privacy for couples. Try the escargot as an appetizer and share the Chateaubriand for two with a bottle of vintage wine from the impressive list of offerings. Weather permitting, a new outdoor patio near the fireplace is a great table if you can get it.
- Greg Norman’s Australian Grill: North Beach guests don’t have to travel far to find this upscale establishment. Located at Barefoot Landing just a few blocks from the resort, this eatery offers a menu as well-traveled as its namesake, pro golfer Greg Norman. Serving an array of meats and seafood, including the New Zealand rack of lamb and fresh Alaskan crab legs. The setting is perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
- Sea Captain’s House: The best little seafood house in Myrtle Beach is also a great place for couples to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Featuring a charming setting inside the converted beach house along with an excellent menu filled with fresh seafood selections, Sea Captain’s House has numerous seating options with an ocean view. Be sure to book your reservations early for optimal seating and times.
- The Melting Pot: Who knew fondue could be romantic? It is at The Melting Pot, which allows patrons to participate in the process of food preparation. It might not sound romantic, but couples can enjoy a leisurely two-hour dinner service capped by coffee and a fountain of hot chocolate for dipping strawberries and other sweets. Love birds often feed one another dessert while relaxing with a bottle of wine at the end of a fun and tasty dinner.