New Year's resolutions, like rules and cellphone screens, are all too often easily broken. In fact, many Americans are lucky to reach Jan. 2 with their freshly made (and disobeyed) New Year's resolutions still intact. The most popular choice – to get in shape – is often a forgotten memory well before the calendar strikes February.
Something always seems to get in the way of keeping the well-intentioned promises – and vacation is among the usual suspects. Whether you are trying to lose weight, eat healthier or just get back into swimsuit shape by spring, taking a vacation can interfere with those noble goals, unless you know where to go, what to do, and most importantly, where to stay.
A vacation at North Beach Plantation in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, offers a luxurious oceanfront retreat that also conforms to your active lifestyle needs. Here are five New Year's resolutions you can keep while spoiling yourself with a vacation getaway at North Beach Plantation:
* Get in Shape: Taking a vacation doesn't mean you have to leave your workout regimen at home. Guests at North Beach Plantation have a wide range of options when it comes to getting some exercise, from an inspirational walk on the beach to a leisurely stroll around one of the 80-plus golf courses on the Grand Strand. But for those who have a specific workout routine that involves equipment or classes, look no farther than the on-site Beach Fit, which has a state-of-the-art studio and fitness center where you can burn off some steam and calories. After your workout, relax in the hot tub or get an invigorating massage at Cinzia Spa.
* Eat Right: This may be the toughest resolution to maintain while on vacation. The temptation is to experience a taste of the local food scene, which usually isn't on your diet plan. However, North Beach Plantation’s on-site 21 Main Prime Steakhouse specializes in prime steaks and fresh sushi for a tasty and healthy surf and turf combination. North Beach Plantation is located near Myrtle Beach's famed Restaurant Row and other dining hot spots, so you have plenty of opportunities to eat right during your Grand Strand getaway.
* Get More Rest: The medical community is developing a greater understanding of the critical role sleep plays in our overall health. It's important to get around eight solid hours of sleep every night, which can be tough to do while you are playing on vacation – but not at North Beach Plantation. Our cozy oceanfront rooms are filled with all the modern amenities so you can enjoy the creature comforts of home without all the worries. Listen to the sounds of crashing waves and calling seagulls while you rest in your cozy bed or relax on your oceanfront balcony. Naps are highly recommended.
* Try New Things: Health-related resolutions aren’t the only ones North Beach Plantation can help you keep. If your wish is to try new things, the Grand Strand is loaded with opportunities to scratch items off your bucket list, like paddleboarding, parasailing or scuba diving. The nearby North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex offers zip lines and a ropes course, water skiing and a floating inflatable water park.
* Spend More Time with Family: This one is a piece of cake (flourless, of course). The Grand Strand has amusement parks, shopping centers, putt-putt golf courses, dolphin-watching tours, theaters, escape rooms, helicopter rides and lots more fun things to do as a family. Make some special vacation memories and start a family tradition of vacationing at North Beach Plantation.
Whether you are fighting the battle of the bulge or just trying to make some changes to your life in 2018, North Beach Plantation is a great place to stick to those vows and make some vacation memories.