Market Common may be best known for its shopping, with more than 100 outlets located within the urban-style commercial district. The development on the site of the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base is also the home to several popular festivals, including the Beach Boogie & BBQ Festival, Music on the Green and the Family Fourth at the Common.
But perhaps the best-kept secret of Market Common may be its stellar dining lineup. Featuring a diverse selection of cuisine, including Italian, Japanese, Mexican and more, Market Common is like an international tour of dining options over a six-block area. Here's a list of the top 10 restaurants at Market Common for your dining pleasure:
1) Co Sushi: There's already a big buzz surrounding this new Japanese restaurant because of the reputation of its sister store in nearby Charleston. Although a wide range of Asian dishes are offered, Co is most famous for its sushi. Offering more than 100 types of rolls, Co has quickly become a popular gathering spot for the young crowd.
2) King Street Grille: Part sports bar and part restaurant, King Street combines the best of both worlds to create a great hangout with an extensive food menu that far exceeds your average corner bar. Serving excellent steak dishes and American classics, King Street is a great place for families with opposing taste buds. Sit on the patio deck and catch the big game outdoors.
3) Crepe Creation: This unique eatery offers a wide range of creative dishes, all served in a hot crepe that's served fresh off the grill in the open-air kitchen. All kinds of breakfast combination (Western Omelet Crepe), lunch favorites (the Philly Cheesesteak Crepe), salads (Chicken Caesar Crepe) and desserts (Strawberry Cream Cheese Crepe) melt in your mouth and keep people coming back for more.
4) Travinia Italian Kitchen: Travinia serves a huge spread of Italian classics, as well as in-house creations, for what can best be described as a feast at an Italian family's home. The aromas of fresh-baked bread and garlic and spices make your mouth water while you wait for some of the best Italian food this side of the Atlantic Ocean.
5) P.F. Chang's: This famous international chain offers authentic Chinese and pan-Asian favorites with their own distinct twists. People pack P.F. Chang's for the chance to experience what all the fuss is about, and they do not leave disappointed. Be sure to come hungry and be prepared to leave with a doggie bag.
6) Nacho Hippo: This Mexican-themed eatery goes well beyond the usual menu offerings, and even the most basic of Mexican dishes, like tacos and burritos, are served with their own unique flair. Nacho Hippo is also a popular happy hour and late-night hangout for the great food and discounted margaritas.
7) Gordon Biersch: This national chain brings the microbrew experience to Myrtle Beach. Featuring an on-site brewery where all the house brands are made, Gordon Biersch also includes its brews in many of its main entrees. Regular tap parties are held to unveil new seasonal beers and new concoctions.
8) Toffino's Pizza: Located a bit off the beaten path from the main strip of restaurants, Toffino's is worth the extra work. Best known for its hand-made pizza, Toffino's also serves a broad array of Italian classics, as well as subs and salads for lunch. The on-site bakery also turns out some fantastic dessert items.
9) Ultimate California Pizza: This local chain cranks out some of the tastiest pies this side of California. Offering a wide selection of toppings, including filet mignon, shrimp, and oysters, UCP also serves excellent salads, sandwiches and flatbread pizzas that are perfect for lunch or dinner.
10) Cold Stone Creamery: OK, so ice cream isn't exactly considered a meal. But, given the many dining options in Market Common, it's important to list a place for dessert. Cold Stone's servers add the secret flavor of fun to your ice cream creation, including a long list of toppings.
(Photo courtesy: Myrtle Beach.com)