As beautiful as the Grand Strand’s white-sand beaches are, for some visitors it’s the only view they get to see. And while there’s certainly nothing wrong with spending a week, you’re missing out on a lot of things to do and see in the Myrtle Beach area, and some unique views.
Whether it’s from high in the sky or deep in the blue sea, guests can get a new perspective of the Grand Strand, and perhaps even themselves, by taking a tour and doing something new and different. From dolphin-watching cruises to zipline adventures, the perfect way to spend a day in Myrtle Beach awaits you at one of these 10 tours:
* Barefoot Princess: Take a leisurely ride down the Intracoastal Waterway aboard this steamboat-style ship. Featuring daytime and dinner cruises, the Barefoot Princess offers a charming atmosphere and a lovely view of the Grand Strand's inland beauty.
* Capt. Dick's: If you want to catch a fish, a day at a local pier will do. But if you want to catch the big ones, sail with the outfit that knows the local waters like no other. Take a short trip to the coastal waters or sign up for an all-day excursion to the Gulf Stream, where the whoppers swim.
* Carolina Paddle Company: Take a ride on the quiet side of Myrtle Beach with one of these eco-tours. Offering canoes, kayaks and paddleboards, patrons can explore the backwaters of the Grand Strand and the Intracoastal Waterway with the help of an experienced guide.
* Carolina Safari Tours: Hop aboard this open-air, extended-cab Jeep for a ride into some of the Grand Strand's most scenic spots that aren't always accessible by car. Passengers can choose from a long selection of tours, from historic homes to state parks, for some great vacation photos.
* Go Ape Zipline and Ropes Course: If you've ever wanted to play Tarzan, this is your chance. Located in the North Myrtle Beach Sports and Recreation Complex, this extreme sports venue lets guests soar through the trees and maneuver through obstacles with an experienced guide.
* Helicopter Adventures: Get a whirlybird's-eye view of the Grand Strand from aboard a high-flying helicopter. Offering short introductory rides for as low as $20, Helicopter Adventure has a wide selection of tours – from a quick trip along the coastline to longer rides to the Carolina border.
* Horseback Riding of Myrtle Beach: Giddy-up and see the Grand Strand from the saddle on one of these equestrian tours. Get comfortable with your horse and learn a few pointers at the stables before heading out on your adventure. Horseback rides on the beach are available in the state parks.
* Myrtle Beach Segway: Zip around town like you are gliding on air at Myrtle Beach Segway, which offers guided tours as well as rentals of these high-tech people-movers. Easy to operate and great for exploring, Segways are stand-up scooters that make covering a lot of ground a breeze. Tours include Market Common and Huntington Beach State Park.
* Myrtle Beach Watersports: See the side of Grand Strand that's not on dry land at one of this outfitter's many aquatic tours. Also offering jet ski and boat rentals, Myrtle Beach Watersports also specializes in tours, such as dolphin-watching cruises, parasailing adventures and backwater kayak and paddleboarding trips.
* Waccamaw River Tours: Explore the inland waters around Conway on the Waccamaw River on a variety of aquatic vehicles. Canoe and kayak tours take paddlers to the backwater swamps and their scenic beauty, while Cooter's Airboat Tour offers a wilder ride on the Waccamaw.