There's nothing like having an ice-cold beer at the beach, and nowhere better to do so than along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk.
The 1.2-mile oceanfront walkway not only provides excellent views and easy access to the beach, shopping and other downtown attractions; it's also your trail to some of the best places on the Grand Strand to enjoy a cold one. Starting at the northernmost point at 14th Avenue North and running to the southernmost point at Second Avenue Pier, here are the perfect places to complete a pub crawl of the Boardwalk:
* Bandito's: This Caribbean and Mexican cantina looks like Spanish castle from the beach, but it's actually one of the best beach bars on the Strand. With a spacious patio deck offering scenic vistas of the ocean, Bandito's serves a broad selection of spicy foods and frozen drinks, but beer is the popular choice. Try a Corona Margarita, a delicious mix of the house specialties.
* Oceanfront Grill: This longtime watering hole is a hub of activity in the downtown district. Located on the oceanfront (as the name suggests), it's also on the corner of Plyler Park, making it a popular hangout during free concerts and fireworks. The longnecks are kept in ice tubs so there's no need to fear warm beer and the bar food is what you want after a day at the beach.
* Peaches Corner/The Bowery: These next-door neighbors are packaged together because they're both part of the old-school Myrtle Beach experience. Grab a chili dog at Peaches and wash it down with a cold one, then catch some live music at The Bowery, which only serves Bud Light drafts, but the atmosphere alone is worth a visit.
* 8th Ave Tiki Bar: offers fantastic scenery inside and out. Sit out back for great ocean views and people watching along the boardwalk. The menu offers an eclectic mix of finger foods, pizza, gourmet salads, seafood, burgers and skewers. The bar has more than 50 beers including new seasonal brands each month.
* Pier View Cafe: The absolute best view in town also serves some of the coldest beers. Located atop Second Avenue Pier, this open-air bar is perched high over the ocean so you get the cool breeze and fresh air to go with your cold beer. Great appetizers and couch seating make this a great place to start or end your pub crawl.
Photo Courtesy: www.destination360.com