Are you ready for some football? Not just any kind of football, but the biggest football game of the season and the most popular sporting event of the year – Super Bowl XLIX.
Although we still don’t know which two teams will be making the trip to Glendale, Arizona for the Feb. 1 affair, we do know that millions of Americans and billions around the world will tune in to see the showcase, even if it’s just for the commercials and the halftime show.
For guests at North Beach Plantation, you don’t have to travel far to find some of the best Super Bowl parties on the Grand Strand. Whether or not your team makes it to the big game, you can still have a good time by visiting one of these five parties in North Myrtle Beach.
* Bully's Pub: North Beach guests are only a hop, skip and a jump away from one of the best Super Bowl parties on the Grand Strand. Located at Barefoot Landing just across Highway 17, Bully's throws a traditional South Carolina pig pickin' to get fans ready for some pigskin. Of course, there are lots of liquid refreshments to go with the food and football, and multiple big screen TVs offer a great view of the game from virtually every corner of the bar, including the patio deck overlooking Barefoot Lake is weather permits.
* Castano's Italian Steakhouse: An Italian restaurant might seem an unusual place to watch the Super Bowl, but this Barefoot Landing eatery goes all out for America's biggest sports spectacle. Featuring five H-D TVs in the lounge area, Castano's also offers food and drink specials throughout the big game. Want to have dinner? No problem since the dining room also has a big-screen TV that is visible from all angles. Castano's is a short distance from North Beach so if you want miss much of the game if you decide to head back to the room for the finish.
* Oscar's: This unique neighborhood bar might not be as lively this year since the “home team” Pittsburgh Steelers won't be playing on Super Sunday. Past Pittsburgh conquest have seen Steelers fans and regulars paint the bar black and gold in celebration. But Oscar's will still be hopping for the big game, as it always is when pro football is involved. Excellent food and an extensive menu make this a great place to eat for the big game, and the drinks are always flowing freely at this North Myrtle Beach hot spot.
* Overtime Sports Cafe: This North Myrtle Beach institution is for hard-core sports fans only. The “OT” features more than 16,000 square feet and over 100 TVs screens, and you won't see the Puppy Bowl on any of them. In addition to the huge bar with multiple TVs overhead and lots of table space on both floors, Overtime also boasts a sports memorabilia museum that includes autographed keepsakes from some of the biggest names in sports. Drink and food specials will be offered during the game, as well as a “Guess the Score” contest that pays $1,000 for a correct prediction.
* Pat 'N Mike's Irish Pub: Located just north of North Myrtle Beach in Little River, Pat 'N Mike's is a friendly neighborhood bar throws a big-time Super Bowl party. In addition to the traditional Irish/American menu, Pat 'N Mike's pays tribute to the Super Bowl teams by preparing food that reflects the cities represented in the big game. Recent appearances by the New Orleans Saints saw a spread of Cajun classics so football fans and foodies may be rooting for some New England (Patriots) clam chowder or some Green Bay (Packers) bratwurst and cheese.
(Photo Courtesy: myrtlebeach.com)